Cities Service Oil Co. No. 2198
Tank Car built 1927
We have very little information on CSOX No. 2198. The car was built in May 1927 for the Cities Service Pipeline Co. It ended its service days with the company by providing diesel storage at a Citgo Petroleum facility in the Houston area. The company donated the car to the Gulf Coast Chapter – NRHS in 1984.
On December 31, 2002, the car left the museum on a flatbed truck, headed for the Union Tank Car Co. shop in Cleveland, Texas. Just a few weeks later, the car returned, gleaming with a new coat of paint and other work, courtesy of Union Tank Car. Our thanks to Union Tank Car and all of its Cleveland shop employees for taking on this project!